Saturday, October 13, 2012

Football

Category: Sport
Place: Football field
Regular Budget: Football ball: 5-200$
Optional Budget: Football shoes: 35-200$


Football, which is also known as soccer in some countries, is the most popular sport in Europe and in some parts of the world. In Europe almost every man likes to watch football and if not, at least everyone likes to watch derbies. Usually you get a beer and some snacks, call your friends over and watch an important football match.
The bad side of today's football is hooligans who go to football matches just to fight and make riot. Remember that it's always about the love for your team and not about the hate for the opposite team.
That said about professional football, I will tell you more about the type of football you will probably be playing if you are not training for a professional player and that type is recreation.
Just like watching TV with your friends, you can be playing football with them. I suggest the mini football field , which has the handball sized goals or even smaller ones, where you protect your goal with your feet. I prefer the mini football with the regular handball sized goals. It's best for your condition and it's really fun.
Mini football is based on attacking and defending in a short time. You will have to run almost every second of the game, weather you are protecting a player or dribbling the ball. The most essential part of this game is passing, because on mini fields if you are not a professional player or a really good one, chances are you won't be able to go trough three players, so you will have to pass it to your team mate.
Honestly most of your friends or you don't have the capability for a hundred meters football field, so playing on a mini field is your safe bet.
You don't have to spend a lot of money on this sport, in fact you only need a ball and if your friend has it, you can play this sport for free. Of course it's good to have a ball at home so you can practice and have fun kicking it around, also you don't have to depend on your friend if he can't come to a game.
Like in every sport you can learn cool tricks and nice shooting techniques so you can show off to your friends and public and most of those tricks you can learn here: http://www.soccerman.com/

12 comments:

  1. heh, now here's possible the cheapest hobby of them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, stick around and see. I think there will be cheaper.

      Delete
    2. I'm just saying, all you need to play beach soccer is a $5 ball

      Delete
  2. I don't know if it's the cheapest, but it is certainly the King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know soccer balls could be that cheap. Have always wanted to give it a try and so I shall. Hopefully it's not too late and I can still learn a few tricks. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to do what you like and totally go for it!
      I'm glad my post inspired you in some way, that was a goal with my blog.

      Delete
  4. Didn't know soccer ball prices went that low. Always wanted to try it out and now maybe I shall. Hopefully it's not too late and I can still learn a few tricks. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has always boggled my mind why this sport is the most popular around. And I don't say this to diminish it in any way, I'm merely curious.
    A great suggestion as well as post. You couldn't be more right about the element of passing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really don't know, I guess because of the simplicity, big stadiums and just the anticipation of a scoring goals, you know not every minute is a score like in basketball for example.
      Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. I haven't played since like 10 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always loved soccer as a kid.

    ReplyDelete